Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another week of Korean adventure!


 Hello all,

Another week done. This semester is just flying by and now it’s already November. I will not be participating in no shave November this year, but during winter break I will be making up for it by letting the beard going loose. Anyways this week was pretty fun. School-wise it was pretty easy with nothing too difficult. The next couple weeks I will be getting my midterm results back which I am pretty anxious about. We went out for Halloween on Wed night but I did not stay out too late because I had taekwondo early the next morning. Either way it was pretty fun, but just not the same as American Halloween. During the week my roommate and I also watched the Lord of the Rings extended edition, just finished the last one today. Good way to spend 12 hours of your life. The weekend was jammed packed with man Korean activities. Friday morning I walked around taking pictures of my University for all of you to enjoy. Our campus is beautiful and it really shows its beauty with all the fall colors.


That afternoon I went to Dongdaemun, which is a traditional Korean market. They have a lot of fake brand name clothing which is pretty interesting to see. Also everyone tries to lure you into their shop with their "cheap" prices. Some can be pretty nice and like to ask where you are from, what are you doing in Korea, etc. I am trying to figure out gifts for everyone but so far turning up short. Don't worry though it will come through in the end :). That night we saw the new James Bond movie which I highly recommend. It was shown with Korean subtitles which were interesting to read because I can now understand some of it and it’s cool to see how they translate some of the English into Korean. Saturday morning we went and hiked Bukassan Mountain. Hiking is one of the most popular sports in Korea since the landscape is full of mountains. We took the bus there and it was packed with Koreans ready to start their day with a hike. The little hiking town just at the base of the mountain is full of little food shops to bring with you up to the top of the mountain and mountain gear stores. They not only have The North Face, but they also have The Red Face, The Black Face, and TheNobleFace. It’s pretty funny seeing all of these brands copying the popularity of North face but they seem to be doing pretty well. The hike itself took about 6 hours total, but we stopped for pictures and it was quite crowded at the top of the peak so there was a lot of standing around. The views from the top were amazing. We went on a beautiful day and you could see so much of the city landscape. The fall scenery was also amazing. After the hike we went out to Hongdae and stopped at a couple different bars and clubs. The last club we went was called Club Naked and was a very hip-hop club which included a very ghetto crowd mostly of American soldiers. It was pretty fun, although not the type of club I would go back to multiple times. Another fun-filled week of Korean adventures. Make sure to check out my new albums on facebook and I look forward to talking to you guys!
Cheers,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment